[aprssig] Re: Path Precedence

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at jnos.org
Thu Jul 22 12:31:36 EDT 2004

> If you are running a smart digipeater like Digi_Ned, I think you
> could get that last digi operation to work.  Is that right Bill?

A digipeater smarter then a walnut, like digi_ned, can be configured to do
pre-emptive digipeating.  What that means is it looks through the unused
aliases and will jump ahead if necessary.

For example, if I had a digi_ned digipeater enabled to do pre-emptive
digipeating for the special alias, "WALNUT", it would respond to any
of the following paths:

  WALNUT
   RELAY,WALNUT
   RELAY,WIDE,WIDE,WALNUT

and so on..   As long as the WALNUT was in the "unused" aliases.

This is the basis for the pseudo-path scheme of REGION,WORLD and LOCAL we've
often discussed but have yet to try seriously here.

Bill - WA7NWP