[aprssig] Path Precedence

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jul 22 12:23:07 EDT 2004

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004, Peter Devanney wrote:

> Bear with me while I get my head around this,
>
> What happens if a RELAY is not within range of my station, but a
> WIDE is. With a path of RELAY, WIDE2-2 will I still get digi'd by
> the WIDE?

Only if the wide-area digi also has RELAY enabled as one of it's
aliases.  Most do.  I think the LA basin is one area that I've heard
doesn't enable RELAY on their digi's.

> Or if I set my path as SAR,RELAY,WIDE2-2 (SAR is only on 1 digi).
> If I am within range of SAR I get digi'd by SAR and then possibly
> a relay and so on...
>
> If I am not within range of SAR but am within range of a RELAY,
> will I get digi'd by the RELAY and then the WIDE...

Nope.  It'll see the unused "SAR" slot and drop the packet.

You're certainly asking the right questions!

If you are running a smart digipeater like Digi_Ned, I think you
could get that last digi operation to work.  Is that right Bill?