[aprssig] ARISS Satgates

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Jul 21 13:39:32 EDT 2004

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Bill Vodall wrote:

> If you were running Xastir as an Igate with multiple RF TNC's, is it smart
> enough to keep the stations heard lists "by tnc?"

Nope.  Only one flag kept for "heard on TNC", not separate flags for
each.  We could certainly do that at some point, but I don't think
it's even on our request list.

> So if an Internet to RF
> message has to go to WE7U, it'll use the TNC/port that heard WE7U and
> not all the RF ports?

Nope.  It'll send to all of the ports that have transmit enabled, if
WE7U was heard on one of them within the last hour.  If we had the
flags implemented for each TNC we could make this happen.

> Also what if a station on one TNC/Port is sending a RF message to a station
> on the other port.  Will it gate from one port to the other?   Or does it have
> to see the message on the Internet feed.

Has to see it on the feed, then it will gate it.