[aprssig] "Emergency!" test convention?

Danny danny at messano.net
Wed Jul 21 11:36:11 EDT 2004

I think setting a quiet time is dangerous.  An emergency WILL happen during that quiet time, will be ignored, and could result in loss of life.

Somewhere in Part 97 you will find blurbs about properly identifying emergency transmissions.  That is all that is required here.  No different than identifying your tranmsmissions during the SET as TEST transmissions.

The more I think about this proposed quiet time, the more I cringe.

Danny Messano
KE4RAP

--

Danny