[aprssig] ARISS Satgates

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Tue Jul 20 11:51:27 EDT 2004

A SatGate is normally a one-way IGate.  In other words, SatGates
normally do not transmit, only receive.

> Assuming I already have an Alinco 2m with a built-in TNC
> w/appropriate antenna, an always-on internet connection, and
> a computer running linux, what else would I need?  Is aprsd
> the software of choice?

I would recommend javAPRSSrvr with javAPRSIGate.  It is stable and can
act as a unidirectional IGate.  The Alinco would simply need to be tuned
to the satellite downlink frequency, the TNC connected to your Linux box
running with ax25 kernel support configured, and
javAPRSSrvr/javAPRSIGate connected to APRS-IS.

Hope this helps.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net

PS: javAPRSSrvr may be obtained for free by contacting me directly at
pete at ae5pl.net