[aprssig] ARISS Satgates

Drew Baxter droobie at maine.rr.com
Tue Jul 20 11:02:59 EDT 2004

I'm using the Alinco DR135TP with the built in TNC and Xastir on a Sparc
Ultra 1.  It's attached to a ~ 14 foot Cushcraft ARX2B out back.  It's
going to be a GP9 Comet on top of a 48 foot Trylon T300 tower later in the
year though. :-)

I prefer Xastir because I can VNC (remote control) into the machine (it's
headless) and then send messages and look at traffic, etc.  This is the
only IGate in the general vicinity and is K1XVM on APRS.

APRSd would require less resources because it doesn't need XWindows
graphical interface amongst other things.  All depends on what you have for
a machine right handy.  No machine is totally unusable usually.

--Droo, K1XVM