[aprssig] ARISS Satgates

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Tue Jul 20 10:52:47 EDT 2004

On Jul 18, 2004, at 9:17 AM, Robert Bruninga wrote:

> More ARISS Satgates needed?

What is needed for an IGate?  I haven't bothered looking at the details
before, since there's already an IGate 1.3 miles from the location
where I would put one up.

Assuming I already have an Alinco 2m with a built-in TNC w/appropriate
antenna, an always-on internet connection, and a computer running
linux, what else would I need?  Is aprsd the software of choice?

Would a simple quarter wave be better than a vertical antenna with
gain, because of the null above the gain antenna?

thanks,
Jason
kg4wsv