[aprssig] Added MEPIS Disk, updated Basic Stamp Resources disk

Brian B. Riley brianbr at mac.com
Fri Dec 31 22:59:42 EST 2004

 A few new things at "Ye Olde Disk Shoppe" I obtained and validated the
latest stable load of SimplyMEPIS Linux, which is becoming very popular
across  the ham world.

I have SimplyMEPIS 2004.06 (689.6 Mbytes). There a number of upgrades in
there, in various languages and to the GRUB loader. Version 2004.05 went to
beta 3 and was not subsequently released. Version 2005.01 is in beta 3 right
now.

I have added some significant additional documentation to the Basic Stamps
Resource Disk as well as the new free Basic Compiler, the  SX/B for the
Ubicom SX18/28/48/52 series.

I was pleasantly surprised at how many people wanted the Tiger Maps DVD
enough so that I am looking for some 8X media for my DVD burner (which is
12X) as after the 5th or 6th disk, 4X is way too slow! <grin>

Chuck, K7QO, Morse code disk has been quite popular.

I have been 'doing' Chuck's course, using a Sandisk MP3 player that runs on
a single AAA battery and that takes my 512MB Cruzer Micro Flashkey. I have
2/3rds the course on there now and will add replace lessons as I get
farther. The bulkiest thing is my small spiral notebook.

Stop by, take a look ...

   <http://www.wulfden.org/DiskShop.shtml>