[aprssig] winlink

Bill Vodall - WA7NWP wa7nwp at jnos.org
Fri Dec 31 18:46:56 EST 2004

> The discussion on the D7/D700 has been discussed ad-naseum on the WL2K
> relfector. No need to repeat it here (again).  Just suffice to say that the
> APRSSIG ought NOT be suggesting they are acceptable for WL2K.

I'm the first to cry because the D7/D700 aren't good for serious legacy packet,
which is used to the limit by Paclink and Airmail.   But...  in the simple SP/LM/RM
mode, won't the D7* work just fine?   If so, that's giving a mobile/portable system with
a simple PDA or palmtop terminal emulator access to basic Internet Email.

Bill - WA7NWP