[aprssig] Quieting Honda Generator (was) Portable Ops from 12vvia 115 VAC

DaveN dbsoft at bendbroadband.com
Fri Dec 31 14:39:59 EST 2004

I saw an old HAM at a Field day event put the generator inside a cage. It
wasn't much bigger than the gen and looked like a small animal cage or
something that could be build out of chicken or other fence wire.   He had
it about 50+ feet away from his HF setup.  I don't know if he had a ground
rod driven or if the cage was enough.   I can find out if someone tries this
and it doesn't work.

This old ham is a retired electrical engineer who is considered the expert
on HF antennas and noise filtering in our area.

DaveN  W7PDQ
Home of www.dmapper.com