[aprssig] Quieting Honda Generator (was) Portable Ops from 12v via 115 VAC

Spider spider at rivcom.net
Fri Dec 31 14:45:26 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "J. Gary Bender, WS5N" <WS5N at mindspring.com>
Sent: Friday, December 31, 2004 10:37 AM
Subject: Re: [aprssig] Quieting Honda Generator (was) Portable Ops from 12v
via 115 VAC

I have the 1KW Honda generator in use on my camper.  I love it in that it
starts
easily, has a handy 12 VDC charging output, and runs all night on the load
of
the furnace even on very cold nights.  However, it also wipes out reception
on
my 3-22 MHz SW receiver, and does a number on AM broadcast as well.  It
covers
the bands with birdies.  FM seems to be ok.

Speaking of Generators, I found a site for propane conversions and triple
fuel conversions for small generators.
I have 5 generators ranging from 30kw to 2kw.  The 30KW Onan is propane
powered and I never have fuel issues.
All of the smaller generators are gasoline powered and every year, I fight
plugged jets or water in the gas on at least one of them.  I am considering
changing at least one of them over to propane.  I have a Generac 3500 and
the kit costs $82 dollars.  Not too bad and once propane, it will be hassle
free.  http://www.uscarbs.com   check it out...kind interesting.

Jim, WA6OFT