[aprssig] More thoughts on (was) Connected Packet

Spider spider at rivcom.net
Tue Dec 28 13:27:47 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Bruninga" <bruninga at usna.edu>
To: <jfkraus3 at cox.net>; <aprssig at lists.tapr.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 10:02 AM
Subject: Re: [aprssig] More thoughts on (was) Connected Packet

> Now I remember why I abandoned conventional packet.
> of 100 systems and channels listed in our area, I just spent
> 30 minutes attempting the first 2 dozen and found only
> 1 DX cluster and one old BBS.

FireNet APRS servers are currently displaying TelPac Node stations.  Well
over 400 of them.
In the near future, this will be near real time information.  Why?  This
combines the use of APRS and W2LK TelPac Nodes and gives the APRS user a way
do determine if a Telpac node is active in the area he is in.  Excellent
tool for travelers, etc.  In some areas, Igates are gating there local
Telpac Nodes to RF so mobile APRS users can tell if one is available and
online for use.  Kind of solves the problem mentioned above!

Jim, WA6OFT