[aprssig] More thoughts on (was) Connected Packet

Mark Earle wa2mct at mearle.com
Tue Dec 28 11:42:13 EST 2004

At 11:41 AM 12/28/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>This is why I have setup my 24/7 APRS WX station with a working PBBS
>mailbox and emergency battery backup for the radio & TNC so that even if
>the computer running APRSDos is down my station can still be valuable as a
>BBS and/or a dig and/or KAnode during an emergency.

And for those using MFJ or TNC-2 type clones, there was software/ firmware
from PacComm (still avialable, I think) that has a basic pms/ bbs built in.
One could also expand the RAM. No computer, just the radio and tnc. Works
pretty well  - we use one like this on a non-aprs local channel for shelter
support.

       ) )    de WA2MCT Mark
      ( (
       ) )    You will be assimilated... oooh, coffee!!
    _|****|   http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?wa2mct-8 Home
   ( |    |   http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?wa2mct-9 Mobile
    `|____|   wa2mct at mearle.com  wa2mct at juno.com  www.mearle.com/mark