[aprssig] Re: New n-N paradigm

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Dec 21 10:27:22 EST 2004

Andy
thanks.  I think this is good news, but there are just
enough typos in your email to confuse me.  You say 9.0
eliminates dupes , but you also say those digis have
worse dupes???

I also dont understand the sentence about crazy IGate and
home WIDE's.  (I konw they cause problems), but why
is it worse with 9.0?  Where the problem should be less?

Can you clarify your wording?  thanks.
Bob

>>> "AB9FX" <ab9fx at aprs.pl> 12/20/04 9:43 PM >>>
When we set up digis SR3DPN and SR2DDU everything was well, digis work
with
KPC3+ v.8.3, exept there is no timer for UIDIGI ON ..., just for UIFLOOD
and
for UITRACE
Digis SR3DGT-15 and SR2DBZ work with KPC3+ v.9.0 and there is a lot of
duplicates. We've checked everything: anyone runs crazy IGate or WIDE
digi
at home station etc., and finally we found v9.0 does all duplicates.
New command UIDUPE is not explained in manual, only ?UIDUPE gives some
explanation
cmd:?UIDUPE
UIDUPE   Timer for UI duplicate checking (0-255 seconds)
But all timers do not work UIFLOOD UITRACE and UIDUPE
I have also one KPC3+ v9.0 on my desk in Chicago for some tests, if you
want
to check it let me know.
73!
Andy AB9FX SP3LYR