[aprssig] ATn-N along the Appalachain Trail?

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Wed Dec 15 15:21:10 EST 2004

The "old ideas" that you mention sound interesting...but...if you are going to
have a computer there for the hikers, why not give them a full (if dial-up)
internet connection? That would let them e-mail their family/friends with
complete details on their location, travel time, supply status, etc, not just
a location. There are many places along the trail where a telephone is
available. I'm not sure I see a lot of value in adding APRS stations along the
way.

Just my 2 cents.