[aprssig] 30 meters?

Stephen H Smith WA8LMF2 at aol.com
Tue Dec 14 19:23:21 EST 2004

Earl Needham wrote on 12/14/2004, 7:35 AM:

 >   Is there something wrong with my station, or has APRS on 30 meters been
 > absolutely dead yesterday and today?
 >
 >     Thanks,
 >     Earl

I've been  beaconing on 30M from Pahrump NV (over a mountian and 30
miles from Las  Vegas and absolutely dead on 2M) and am seeing myself
gettting into an igate in northen Montana and various other locations
off and on all day.   [I watch my own personal UI-View webserver by
accessing various random WiFi hot spots from the car as I drive around. ]

You could also look at the 30M US map on my personal webserver at:
     http://wa8lmf.dyndns.org:14439

I DO notice less than the usual number of stations being heard at my QTH
in Pasadena, CA (but then there was a significant solar disturbance a
couple of days ago).

Stephen H. Smith                   wa8lmf (at)  aol.com

Home Page:                            http://wa8lmf.com