[aprssig] Re: Balloon Altitude (was Clipped menus in Xastir andother ?'s)

Larry Cerney lcerney at viawest.net
Mon Dec 13 10:33:53 EST 2004

Hi Steve,

Maybe you could help me with a problem with your cgi script below.  We flew
a balloon yesterday with two APRS packages on it.  The first package,
AE0SS-11 reports correctly with the last=9999 as it hadn't been seen by
FindU until yesterday.  My package, K0ANI-11, I had tested in my yard 30
feet away from my I-gate antenna and so FindU has a good base of altitude
data.  When I use the cgi below with last=9999 it works fine.  When I try to
change it to last=24 or last=0024 I get an error message.
"The image "http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/altitude.cgi?call-k0ani-11&last=24"
cannot be displayed, because it contains errors."

I just tested a few last='s and found that it does work starting at
last=1400.  Strangely, with last=1390 it only shows the downward slope.

I'm assuming the last= refers to hours, not minutes.  I that correct?

This cgi is a great tool for us balloonatics.

Thanks for everything you do...

Larry
K0ANI

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."
--Albert Einstein