[aprssig] Base antennas and a couple other questions

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Fri Dec 10 21:08:55 EST 2004

This might not help you any, but I've got a working prototype of a TK-790
specific variant of the OpenTracker installed in one of our vehicles.  It's
a transmit-only tracker though, and won't be of much use as a base station.

We've got everything pretty much permanently installed in a mobile command
post.  Antennas aren't really my thing.  As soon as I get my uTNC, I'll be
setting up an APRS demo using the existing radios and laptop.  DMAPPER
doesn't support AGWPE or I'd use that.  I'm considering building an ammo can
digi, too - another uTNC could fill that role until my own project is
working.

Is your SAR team part of the Mountain Rescue Association?

Scott
N1VG / 31-Rescue-35