[aprssig] Xastir and a proxy?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Dec 7 12:34:01 EST 2004

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> Another look at libcurl shows that it also handles http proxy's, so
> both wget and libcurl should work.  libcurl uses the ".netrc" file,
> and so can wget, so that would be the preferred filename for the
> password info.
>
> Minimal set:
>
>     libcurl or wget installed/compiled into Xastir
>     HTTP_PROXY environment variable defined
>     ~/.netrc file created/filled in with appropriate values

libcurl needs another option set so that it can read the .netrc file
by default.  Xastir sources have just been changed to add this.

Update Xastir when the anon CVS server catches up (should be within
the next five hours) and you should have http proxy server support
in Xastir using libcurl.  If you're using wget it should work ok
as-is right now.