[aprssig] Xastir and a proxy?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Dec 7 12:24:47 EST 2004

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> So... It looks like you would set up the ".wgetrc" file and the
> HTTP_PROXY environment variable, then disable libcurl for Xastir's
> compile, then you should be all set.  Perhaps someone could try this
> and report back, hopefully with a write-up for the docs that other
> people could easily follow.

Another look at libcurl shows that it also handles http proxy's, so
both wget and libcurl should work.  libcurl uses the ".netrc" file,
and so can wget, so that would be the preferred filename for the
password info.

Minimal set:

    libcurl or wget installed/compiled into Xastir
    HTTP_PROXY environment variable defined
    ~/.netrc file created/filled in with appropriate values