[aprssig] Re: Overlay symbols -- WAS: New FINDU cgi for searching by SYMBOL

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Dec 6 20:40:41 EST 2004

Stephen,
I think our emails crossed.  All of these are shown on
the overlay symbols GIF I posted later:
http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprs/Overlayed-symbols.gif

Bob

>>> "Stephen H. Smith" <WA8LMF2 at aol.com> 12/6/04 5:26:06 PM >>>
This comes along just as I am finalizing a revised symbol set for
FINDU.
Some questions:

RE: OW  What is NWS symbol supposed to look like?

* I used the normal blue dot with an outer blue circle around it.

RE: O_  WX Site (green digi)   How is this different from O# (Normal
green digi star)?

* All digis are supposed to use the overlays these days...

RE: Oa  What is a white Circle-diamond?  A circle with a diamond
inscribed?  What two colors? ...

* see link above.

RE: Oc  Same issue for Circle-triangle

*Supposed to basically be something like an old Civil Defense symbol

RE: oi  BOXn digi - what is this?  I had previously understood this
symbol to apply to very local or interior digipeater.

* yes, but it is still a box with an overlay which could be used
  for other purposes..

You can see my current symbol assingnments at:
    http://members.aol.com/wa8lmf/aprs/APRS_symbols.htm

* Thanks
Bob