[aprssig] simple digipeater

Christopher A. Kantarjiev cak at dimebank.com
Mon Aug 16 23:31:43 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm a new Technician and very interested in APRS. I spend a fair bit of time in
an area (near Yosemite National Park) where the nearest digipeater is about 40
air miles away. I'm interesting in building and deploying a simple, low-power,
APRS digi...

I've been looking at the PocketTracker and considering how that could be the
right model - a receiver and transmitter that are focused on APRS, rather than
using an HT. A Picpac or something similar is about the right hardware for what
I have in mind.

Is there something like this out there already? If not, are there detailed
guidelines for how the software should work in such a digi? For my purposes, a
simple RELAY will do, but it seems that implementing something like this that
handles WIDE would make the project more generally useful.

Thanks!

KG6VYD chris