[aprssig] what is RELAY, WIDE, TRACE, etc?

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Thu Aug 5 15:36:00 EDT 2004

On Aug 5, 2004, at 2:54 PM, Earl Needham wrote:

>         Have you got an example of someone actually getting WIDE9-9 to
> pass through a digi?  The few digis that I have checked won't repeat
> such a path.

No, and I admit that the WIDE9 may be just faulty memory on my part.

>   The two examples here are not that long, either.

Well, that may depend on where you're at.  I did a findu on KD5XB and
found that the "nearby stations" list ran out to nearly 100 miles,
whereas mine goes to 25.  I think that indicates more traffic in my
area. I don't think north AL needs traffic from 400 miles away, while
your part of the country may welcome it.

-Jason
kg4wsv