[aprssig] RE: 1 Serial GPS Feeding 2 Applications ?

Ken Collins g4fip at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Aug 5 01:55:35 EDT 2004

In article <NHENJBPNILPOHFJBPEDMCEJKCFAA.k4gps at arrl.net>, Rich Garcia
<k4gps at arrl.net> writes
>I am sure there is something out there. Can anyone point me in the
>right direction as to a freeware program to feed 1 GPS to 2 programs. I
>seem to remember someone mentioning Virtual Com Ports.

A good serial port emulator can be obtained here:-

http://www.mixw.net/related.htm#tncemu

Install the emulator software and it will give you the necessary virtual
COM ports.

In the UI-View32 Setup menu select GPS setup and enable the GPS Output
to send the GPS data to one of the virtual COM ports. It will then be
available for the other program. See the UI-View32 Help for more
detailed information.

--
Ken Collins - G4FIP
E-mail:- g4fip at tiscali.co.uk