[aprssig] RE: 1 Serial GPS Feeding 2 Applications ?

Rich Garcia k4gps at arrl.net
Wed Aug 4 21:23:14 EDT 2004

I am sure there is something out there. Can anyone point me in the right
direction as to a freeware program to feed 1 GPS to 2 programs. I seem to
remember someone mentioning Virtual Com Ports.

As usual last minute but this is 2 days before not the day before a long
trip. The KPC3+ seems for some reason to be deaf, only strong signals are
decoded well but my KPC3 is doing just dandy. Got to work more than I want
before I leave Friday night and also need to work tomorow night so instead
of wasting time on the KPC3+ I could wire up my GPS3 Garmin along side my
GPS5 and have a rats nest so I can feed both Street Atlas and UI-View. I am
not crazy about Precision Mapping but I do have it for UI-View but I have
overlay files for Street Atlas that I would much rather use.

OR is there a program that I can feed my GPS5 into and then feed that
program into both UI-View and StreetAtlas.

I will also miss the ability to just run the KPC3+ without the laptop but I
guess I will be needing the maps a lot so it should not be a big deal. It's
nice feeding the KPC3+ off of the radio port and having the ability to run
with or without the laptop on the whim.

Thanks,
Rich
K4GPS