[aprssig] Should I develop an embedded I/F to Davis WX?

Spider spider at rivcom.net
Sun Aug 1 15:45:14 EDT 2004

Gary,

The Davis products are likely the most popular product.  However, it seems
every application that uses it's data requires the logger.

So if during your development you can come up with a way to provide data
right out of the unit, convert it to the standard WXNOW.txt file, then all
sorts of uses could be had.  Then, take the WXNOW.txt file and convert that
to APRS for your specific application.

That would be what I'd do if i was a programmer....but then, I'd be
dangerous if I was a programmer!!! ;)

Jim, WA6OFT