[TangerineSDR] Tweaking rubidium

Phil Karn karn at ka9q.net
Tue Jul 2 06:07:55 EDT 2024

As I mentioned on our zoom call this past evening, I'm having fun
comparing a ERC 130 Rb oscillator to my Leo Bodnar GPSDO.

I've tweaked the Rb so it's within about 2.5e-11 of the GPSDO but I see
regular step changes to the frequency difference with a period of maybe
a minute10 sec or so. I suspect this may be cycling of a OCXO heater. Or
maybe it's the tracking algorithm in the GPSDO. Or maybe both?

I can see it gets tricky at this level. Still, it's fun to see
cumulative 10 MHz phase differences of only a couple of degrees after 5
minutes or so.

Phil