[TangerineSDR] ka9q-web success

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Tue Feb 27 11:12:53 EST 2024

Yesterday I installed ka9q-web on my home test system (Ubuntu 22.04LTS
on an i5) and it went absolutely smoothly and works great.  I am
*really* impressed.  I've never seen anything so cool that worked with
so little pain!

Thanks Franco, Phil, and JohnM for the great software, and Tom for the
heads up and demo!

After getting it running at home yesterday, this morning I installed it
on the remote wsprdaemon system at N8GA with similar ease.  The only
modification I had to make was at line 396 of ka9q-web.c where I changed
the status descriptor from "web.local" to "hf.local" to match the
radiod at rx888wsprdaemon.conf file.  Maybe make that and the http port
number command line arguments?

I opened up a forwarding port in the firewall, and connecting from home
worked like a charm.  I was able to have two simultaneous browser
windows open on different frequencies.

After all that great work it's unfair to ask for more, but two things
would make it an even more useful tool:

(a) ability to zoom the spectrum display further, and/or a separate
spectrum/waterfall of just the passband; and

(b) display of passband power, total front-end power, and other channel
statistics that are presented by the control program.

I don't know how difficult either of these might be.

Thanks again for all the great work!

73,
John

Thanks all!