[TangerineSDR] Magnetometer prep

Scott Cowling scotty at tonks.com
Wed Aug 11 20:45:01 EDT 2021

Hi Mike,

You do not need a Data Engine to set up a magnetometer.

You need:
1. Raspberry Pi 4

2. Two magnetometer carrier boards (one for each end of the cable)
3. One PNI daughter card
4. Two RJ45 jacks
5. One 40-pin RPi header

6. 100 ft of shielded CAT5 or CAT 6 cable with RJ-45 connectors on each end

7. Parts to build an underground pipe enclosure for the far end (3' of
1.5" PVC pipe, PVC fittings, bubble level, waterproof RJ45 F/F bulkhead
connector, etc)

The plan is to make a kit available from TAPR containing items #2 - #5,
and another kit containing all the items needed for #7. The cable and
the Pi 4 can be purchased on-line. Suggest direct burial or conduit for
cable.

73,
Scotty WA2DFI