[TangerineSDR] Ferrous Metal connectors on Mag boards and SBCs

Julius Madey hillfox at fairpoint.net
Sat May 30 17:26:36 EDT 2020

Dave,
I specifically note the change of shield material from copper alloy to SS.

I just ordered the AMP jacks and Stewart plugs in the attached data
sheets.  Jack shield is plated phosphor bronze and plug shield is plated
copper.  I don't know if other vendors are changing shield material re
EMI performance (meaningful at GigE speeds but not at 100KHz
differential i2c) and since magnetic properties of SS can vary greatly
depending upon specific alloy and cold working, it's probably a good
idea to stay away from them if at all possible if the RM3100 will be
mounted in close proximity to the SS part if the hope is to see signals
well below the microTesla range.

Perhaps Hyomin could provide some guidance on that ?

Jules

Delays in 1000 meters of twisted pair cable are, of course, too long for
100KHz rate i2c exchange protocol, but