[TangerineSDR] Mag update?

Julius Madey hillfox at fairpoint.net
Fri Jul 31 11:18:44 EDT 2020

Good morning all.  Betty Zhang at PNI is responding to the request and
has asked for more information which I have supplied, including some of
the JJ test comparisons, how I ran the calibration runs I did, data
reduction, etc.

I would suggest one further item for consideration in getting to a
useable solution.  If RM3100 temperature turns out to be a concern,
place the sensor in a small foam insulated box with a proportionally
controlled heater which maintains the temperature at something just
above what would be considered the highest environmental temperature
around the sensor.  That should be relatively simple to do without
introducing an interfering magnetic field local to the sensor.  Some
power would be required but with careful design, I would think well
within 1 watt.

Another possibility would be using peltier effect heat pumps to do the
same thing, although the technology would probably result is stronger
local B fields from the peltier device and require more power.  The
insulated foam box and proportional heater is also probably the cheapest
approach considering the need to keep overall costs for the expected
users low.

Regards,
Jules