[TangerineSDR] HamSCI Workshop Program - Input Requested

Dr. Nathaniel A. Frissell Ph.D. nathaniel.frissell at scranton.edu
Mon Jan 27 16:46:17 EST 2020

Hi everyone,

I’m working on putting together the HamSCI workshop program. It is a bit of a balancing act as this workshop aims to serve as a PSWS In-Person team meeting, serve the greater ham radio community, and have the auroral connection theme. I have a total of 18 20-minute oral slots on Friday, and posters and demos Saturday afternoon. Right now, I am thinking 5 to 8 orals for PSWS, 5 HamSCI/radio science talks, and 5 aurora talks.

For the PSWS talks, I would like to break things down by team. Each presentation can be given by a single person, or split between multiple speakers. Take a look at the draft below and see how I have it broken out. Is this enough? Or do we need to split TangerineSDR into TangerineSDR and Timing Modules? Or something else?

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks!

73 de Nathaniel W2NAF

Friday, March 20, 2020 - DRAFT
1       9:00 AM PSWS Overview and Status        N. Frissell
2       9:20 AM TangerineSDR Team Report        S. Cowling, T. McDermott, J. Ackermann
3       9:40 AM Low-Cost PSWS Team Report
K. Collins, D. Kazdan, J. Gibbons, S. Mandal
4       10:00 AM        Magnetometer Team Report        D. Witten, F. Bonte, H. Kim
10:20 AM        Coffee Break
5       10:50 AM        PSWS Software and Infrastructure        W. Engelke, T. Atkison
6       11:10 AM        PSWS Oral
7       11:30 AM        PSWS Oral
8       11:50 AM        PSWS Oral

—
Dr. Nathaniel A. Frissell, Ph.D., W2NAF
HamSCI Lead
Assistant Professor
Department of Physics and Electrical Engineering
University of Scranton
(973) 787-4506