[TangerineSDR] [HamSCI] Ideas and Photos for American Meteorological Society Presentation?

Ward Silver hwardsil at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 13:55:50 EST 2020

For advanced station capability photos and descriptions, I suggest you
check with K5CM and the Time Nuts group - some of them have atomic clocks
in their basements!

What I'd like to know more about space weather research is:
- what parameters beyond those we've considered would be useful and within
the ability of amateurs to measure
- requirements for amateur-based measurements, realizing these might be
looser than professional-quality but there would be more data
- can we get better real-time assessments of various point-to-point modes,
such as path-specific F2 MUF, sporadic-E, chordal or ducted propagation

I have an ulterior motive on the path-specific F2 MUF.  If there was a
global model accepted as standard (even with known flaws) and that could be
queried in real time, it would be possible to have a degree-of-difficulty
assigned to a particular QSO between stations - sort of like distance-based
scoring but with a "technical merit" bonus.  (I can just see a team of
lab-coated researchers holding up their scoring cards...)

73, Ward N0AX