[TangerineSDR] Code Review

Rob Wiesler robert.wiesler at case.edu
Thu Aug 13 22:05:58 EDT 2020

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 6:55 PM David Witten via TangerineSDR
<tangerinesdr at lists.tapr.org> wrote:
> Though I am eager to participate in code review for correctness and reliability, I'm not interested in subjecting my work to review on the basis of someone's notion of 'style'.
>
> I have many reasons after forty years of coding for the ways that I 'style' my code.  I have strong (some would say religious) opinions about how it should be done.  I do not impose my opinions on others, as much as I would like to.
>
> I have no intention of following some else's arbitrary notions of formatting correctness.  One person's 'readable' code is often someone else's writhing ball of snakes.

AOL.  I mentioned style guidelines specifically to point out something
we shouldn't be doing.  At work or in my personal projects, I'd
mandate a specific style, and smite unbelievers when they stray from
the path.  Here, I just want people to maintain the author's style
when submitting patches or pull requests so that things aren't
terrible.

(Incidentally, your mail client is not correctly adding In-Reply-To
headers, so it's difficult to see where your message ought to be read
in a thread.)