[TangerineSDR] Notes from PSWS / TangerineSDR call of 04-27-2020

Phil Erickson phil.erickson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 14:39:15 EDT 2020

Hi John,

  I used the very latest "fldigi", downloaded 24 hours before the FMT.  The
key difference perhaps is that I did the analysis in retrospective mode on
already recorded data - not live from the antenna. That is a different use
case from yours, and different use cases are not of course going to use the
same methods.  Not suggesting either that a Python module be inserted
real-time into anyone's flow on a resource limited platform (how did we get
there?), but that Python is the language of choice for back-end,
non-realtime, iterative, retrospective analysis.  That frankly is where I
spend 100% of my time as a scientist.

  So a scenario where a C language, fast algorithm is used for all the
realtime needs, and that this very same algorithm is then bundled into an
auto-generated Python module for backend non-realtime retrospective work,
serves all customers from what I can tell.

Cheers
Phil W1PJE

----
Phil Erickson