[TangerineSDR] (no subject)

Dave Larsen kv0s.dave at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 10:19:42 EDT 2020

This line of discussion has totally missed Dave  Witten's original point.

Here is a summary to help clarify the discussion:

1. PNI has a simple board RM3100 $20 but us difficult to work with by
itself  (https://www.pnicorp.com/product/rm3100-breakout-board/)

2. PNI has a development board to make the board in $195 59 connect to the (
https://www.pnicorp.com/product/rm3100-breakout-board/)

3. In Dave, developed a simple development that would cost in the $30 range
for development purposes. this board with the RM3100 function as the 1 and
2 but cheaper
See image labeled "Dev Board 1"  Created by Dave KD0EAG  (8 exist)

4 Is the prototype Magnetometer boards set  for the PSWS two require to
remotely place the magnetometer.  The board set need only on PNI RM3100 to
function. The on indoors is unpopulated in the PNI RM3100 socket.
This image does not have a PN RM3100 board.
See Image labeled  "PSWS_prototype_1.jpg  Created by KD0EAG (4 exits)
See Image labeled  "Outside PSWS prototype board populated with RM3100

Boards 2, 3 , and 4 require a PNI RM 3100 to function.  No other
magnetometers have been considered at this point.

Dave's original question is Since part of the project to to support STEM
learning in students Could TAPR offer the Board 3 as a low cost board to
explore Magnetometers independent of the PSWS project.

The Board 4 or a revision will continue to be the PSWS magnetometer using
only 1 PNI RM3100 per two board set.

So far, Scotty and Nathaniel have expressed negative feedback on selling
board 3 at TAPR not associated with the PSWS project.

I have been running Dave's  software with board 3 from the last 3 weeks
connect to my odroid-n2 with no failures.

Dave Larsen  KV0S