[TangerineSDR] (no subject)

John Gibbons jcg66 at case.edu
Sat Apr 18 14:59:26 EDT 2020

David KD0EAG,

I'm developing the low cost PSWS and the PNI RM3100 magnetometer is slated
to be on it.  I just purchased 10 of their dev modules and am now starting
the remote interface design.

Where are you in the design for this aspect of the project?  Scotty sent me
the XCVR chip (NXP PCA9615DPJ) he was looking at that would extend the I^2C
bus, but I was wondering if I'm re-inventing the wheel here.

My platform is a RasPi3B+, so I can talk to both SPI and I^2C.   Are you
also planning on using the MCP9808 temp sensor (and will it be remote with
the magnetometer?)?
Also, do you have a cable (like CAT5) picked for the cable and have you
picked a pinout yet?  Making these the same makes a lot of sense long term.
I've been looking at the standard CAT5 cable and it has some wire swaps on
pins 3-4-5-6 that would make them good for power runs and 1-2 / 7-8 would
be better for differential comm paths.

If you have any C (or python) code  talk to these units I'm very interested
if you are willing to share - if not, I understand..

I also have 40+ years of PCB layout experience, so I would be glad to help
with that (as I'm already doing it for the PSWS).

Let me know where I can help.

John N8OBJ

John C. Gibbons
Director - Sears Undergraduate Design Laboratory
Dept. of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Case Western Reserve University
10900 Euclid Ave, Glennan 314
Cleveland, Ohio  44106-7071
Phone (216) 368-2816 <216-368-2816> FAX (216) 368-6888 <216-368-6888>
E-mail: jcg66 at case.edu