[TangerineSDR] GPSDO Thoughts

Scotty Cowling scotty at tonks.com
Sun Sep 29 21:40:02 EDT 2019

Hi John,

So does it look like the Crystek oscillator with a 4-way output buffer
is the best solution for the stand-alone (no CKM) version of the DE?

The oscillator is about $15 in quantity, with the 4-way buffer (Si Labs
SI53341-B-GM) at $1.17 in quantity. This seems to be the cheapest way to
get the best non-GPSDO performance, and if we can get the Hermes method
to work we could use it as the basis of the GPSDO CKM, couldn't we?

73,
Scotty WA2DFI