[TangerineSDR] TangerineSDR Board Sizes and Mock-up

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sat Sep 21 16:42:31 EDT 2019

Thanks, Rick.  I've finally started paying attention and have been
thinking about some unique GPSDO ideas.  They may change the physical
parts a bit but we're a long way from having anything finalized.

I think we've concluded that the RF output from the M8F module is not
acceptable for RF use -- it has a very ugly dither pattern so we will
likely need a external (TC)(OC)XO and DAC no matter what architecture we
end up with.

One thing to note: the SiLabs 53xx chip wants a 6 layer board and also
has some fairly funky layout requirements; a bunch of this is due to
crosstalk reduction, and the 48 MHz crystal used as the cleanup
oscillator.  The chip is physically small, but pretty complex to lay out.

73,
John