[TangerineSDR] DCC discussion list

Phil Erickson phil.erickson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 22:00:22 EDT 2019

Hi Tom,

  It is probably good for item 5 to think about whether cleanliness specs
for the power supply are required.  As you know, hash on the DC lines could
be a major RFI problem.  (Batteries would tend not to have that issue,
hence their mention earlier.)

73
Phil

On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 9:58 PM Tom McDermott via TangerineSDR <
tangerinesdr at lists.tapr.org> wrote:

> I've combed the meeting notes and some other thoughts and put together a
> frist draft of possible DCC discussion topics for HAMSCI / TangerineSDR.
> Please review and send me additions, deletions, changes, etc. by Monday
> the 16th and I'll iterate once before the conference.
>
> -- Tom, N5EG
>

> *HAMSCI project discussion Topics for DCC 2019*
>
> 1.    Need cost estimates for the Clock, DE, RF, and Magnetometer modules.
> 2.    What is the schedule for the modules, testing, prototypes?
>    a.    Data Engine
>    b.    2-chan RF receiver
>    c.    GPS Clock
>    d.    Magnetometer
>    e.    Other ? SBC, Power supply, etc.
> 3.    Each module will have a unique manufacturer serial number based on
> some PROMs that have this capability. Any issues with the number or format?
> 4.    Do we need to create any videos describing what the project is, what
> the objectives are, status, or other?
> 5.    No discussion so far on power supplies, other than a request for
> +12V battery power capable. Do we need a plan?
> 6.    HAMSCI 2020
>    a.    Any more information on the location?
>    b.    Should we plan a demo of TangerineSDR or the completed parts?
> 7.    Receive Antennas. Mike Pappas has acquired a calibrated filed
> strength meter, we discussed seeing if DX Engineering would let us measure
> a production lot of antennas (10?) to determine the field strength
> sensitivity and variance.
> 8.    Do we need a test plan for the system?
> 9.    Upload data compression appears feasible (3:1 ?).  Do we need any
> study or proposals of how much data we are asking folks to upload? Or is
> this better to determine experimentally?
>

> --

----
Phil Erickson
phil.erickson at gmail.com