[TangerineSDR] PSWS Time Stamping Concept: maybe we should use the 128-bit time

Tom McDermott tom.n5eg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 11:11:42 EDT 2019

Hi All,     I think the time/date is already coded into the HDF-5 metadata.
Thus the packet time stamping does not need to resolve that.

However having at least whole seconds in the data packet is  probably good
avoid one-second boundary issues.  Thus, 64-bit time (32-bits seconds +
32 bits fractional seconds) within the data packet itself should be
adequate.

-- Tom, N5EG