[TangerineSDR] PSWS System Specification preliminary Ver 0.1

Lyle Johnson kk7p4dsp at gmail.com
Thu May 2 22:07:07 EDT 2019

On 5/2/19 2:05 PM, Tom McDermott wrote:
> Hi Lyle,  thanks for the comments!
>
> There is no other document about the Space Weather Station System.
> What in particular would
> that document cover?  Use Cases ?  Narrative description?   The
> central server?
> We could ask the NJIT folks to draft something if we can tell them
> what we need.

What is the Space Weather Station System?  What is it trying to
measure/determine/catalog i.e., what are the objectives of the system?
How many stations and/or how large a geographical area is needed for a
critical mass to make it useful to meet the objectives of the system.

How does measuring HF signals and a co-located magnetometer help meet
the objectives of the system?

If I am a radio amateur, what benefits derive to the Amateur radio
community by this system and/or any particular individual's participation?

More comments to follow :-)

Lyle