[TangerineSDR] Teamspeak call minutes - June-10-2019

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Wed Jun 12 08:44:57 EDT 2019

On 6/10/19 10:26 PM, Tom McDermott via TangerineSDR wrote:

> Notes from PSWS / TangerineSDR call of 06-10-2019.
>
> 1. Rick W2GPS suggests that we should be able to achieve +/- 50 nsec
> absolute timestamp accuracy,
> excepting during solar events (ionospheric effect).  Use of a
> dual-channel receiver can improve the
> absolute accuracy but requires an expensive (~ $1500) dual-band antenna.
> Perhaps a homebrew
> dual-band antenna might be less expensive.

There are a couple of Chinese eBay vendors selling L1/L2/L5 antennas for
reasonable prices -- I've seen them for $89 to $169.  A few of the
time-nuts have used them with good results.  I have one but haven't
hooked it up yet.

The vendors provide phase offset information, but I don't think these
antennas are in the IGS calibration database (yet).

But a homebrew antenna could be interesting -- a couple of pieces of PC
board and a 3-d printer should do it.

John