[TangerineSDR] Local Host Functional Specification v 0.3 and TangerineSDR Requirements Document V0.3

Scotty Cowling scotty at tonks.com
Mon Jun 3 18:19:27 EDT 2019

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the comments.

I will think a bit more on the discovery feature. Maybe you are right,
the web server obviates the need for discovery. It might still be useful
in small systems to allow them to somewhat self-configure. Is there a
way we could include it as an implementation-optional feature of the
protocol without it being a security risk? Maybe a feature we can turn off?

My section 4 does need a lot more work. I don't want to limit things to
just WSPR and RBN, but to anything that can be implemented in an
application running on the Local Host. I will see how I can word it.
Making things appealing to more hams is always a good thing. Maybe if we
can make the TangerineSDR do multiple things at once (like a multi-band
RBN receiver and PSWS simultaneously) we will get more PSWS users.

73,
Scotty WA2DFI