[TangerineSDR] Teamspeak call notes - 07-01-2019

Tom McDermott tom.n5eg at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 22:17:03 EDT 2019

Notes from PSWS / TangerineSDR call of 07-01-2019

1. Gareth Perry KD2SAK - NJIT new attendee - welcome !

2. HTOP - Linux monitor that shows the loading on each of the cores.
Needs to be apt or apt-get installed.

3. The GPS time tagging of the raw datastream from the TangerineSDR will
need to be examined in order to properly do HDF-5 / Digital_RF coding.

4. The GPS module has a lot of possible status. The GPS stratum level may
be one
useful message for NTP timing, plus leap-second-pending. These should be in
the
frame with the raw data. Need to add this to the Clock requirements
document.

5. We have requirements documents, but lack Interface Control Documents
(ICDs) for
each module. We may want to start on the clock module. Can we also use the
same
circuit board for lower-cost non GPS implementations? We need to describe
these
other use cases, can we put those in the requirements document?

6. Anticipate 4 module types needing specifications: Magnetometer / signal
conditioning,
GPS / Synthesizer / Clock, RF module, Data Engine.

-- Tom, N5EG