[TangerineSDR] Notes from PSWS / TangerineSDR call of 12-09-2019

Tom McDermott tom.n5eg at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 22:13:06 EST 2019

Notes from PSWS / TangerineSDR call of 12-09-2019

1. Do we want to change the jumper reference ID to JPxx ?  This may get
tricky because two of them are dual purpose (filter power connector for one
use, ground jumper for a different use). To save space do we want 2mm
connectors instead of 0.1 inch? Tom: There is a strong likelihood that
folks will accidentally try to put (existing) 0.1 inch jumpers onto a 2mm
pin header causing damage.

2. Scotty will provide comments on the receiver schematic, and we will roll
another revision by next week. Will add a cover sheet (specified by Scotty)
with specific information.

3. Discussion on bias-Tees.  If we want to maintain higher common mode
isolation, the bias-T should isolate both the center conductor and the
ground lead of the feedline. This is not how most bias-Tees are built, so
we may want something special.

-- Tom, N5EG