[TangerineSDR] Webserver for local host

Markowitz, Evan em328 at njit.edu
Tue Dec 3 12:24:34 EST 2019

Hi Bill and Dave,

Being we are using Python in other aspects of the project, why not use it
for the Local Host server as well?

Flask is a very popular Python web framework that wouldn't take long for
even novice Python users to get acclimated to it.

If you need higher throughput, Tornado is another great framework. It is an
open source project of Facebook with a noticeable upside of asynchronous
execution via asyncio for potential performance gains depending on what
we're doing in the Local Host server.

There are other frameworks around but I'm willing to bet that enough people
on the project have some level of Python experience and would be able to
jump right in.

Just my two cents from having used Python on the web for the last few years!

Thanks and 73,
Evan