[TangerineSDR] Notes from PSWS / TangerineSDR call of 12-02-2019

Tom McDermott tom.n5eg at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 10:55:57 EST 2019

HI Phil, Attached is the group delay curve for the 40 MHz filter.  It's
pretty flat up to about 50 MHz then
climbs in the 6M band. The 50 MHz filter has a different shape, but is
within +/- 3 nsec through
55 MHz., a lot less delay.   The 50 MHz filter probably doesn't require
delay compensation, the 40 MHz does for
measurements above about 45 MHz.  8 nsec is one ADC clock sample time.

The much bigger concern is the AM broadcast bandstop filter. That has very
non-linear phase from about
1.8 MHz downwards. Above 1.8 MHz the delay drops and flattens out. That
filter will be much more sensitive
to component variation, so it will need to be calibrated on a per-filter
basis.

-- Tom, N5EG
[image: Screenshot from 2019-12-03 07-45-56.png]