[TangerineSDR] Data Engine Specification, Rev 0.1

Scotty Cowling scotty at tonks.com
Thu Apr 25 14:55:25 EDT 2019

Hi Tom,

Well, it is a specification for the DE board, which is only part of the
TangerineSDR system.

What we need, I guess, is a System Specification that is more like a
Theory of Operation.  I kind of suggested it in the first section, but
it was not a full description because I felt it did not belong in the DE
specification.

Most of the I/O (shields, hats, mezzanines) is for low-speed (i.e.,
sensors) expansion.

After adding up the cost of all those expansion connectors, I am ready
to but one large "expansion" connector on board, and build individual
custom shields instead of trying to accommodate existing off-the-shelf
shields.

I will look at the out of order section numbers. Word tends to do that
to you when you move sections around.

73,
Scotty WA2DFI