[nos-bbs] jnos and conspy

Mark Herson, N2MH n2mh at n2mh.net
Mon May 20 18:35:32 EDT 2024

Maiko made two comments:

> Date: Mon, 20 May 2024 16:28:11 -0500
> From: maiko at pcsinternet.ca
> Subject: Re: [nos-bbs] jnos and conspy
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> A quick look at the code, around line 438 in main.c :
>
>        #ifndef UNIX
>               case 'r':   /* Number of rows on screen */
>                   Numrows = atoi(j2optarg);
>                   break;
>               case 'c':   /* Number of columns on screen */
>                   Numcols = atoi(j2optarg);
>                   break;
>         #endif /* !UNIX */
>
> Quick fix ? change #ifndef UNIX to #ifdef UNIX and see what happens ?
>
> UNIX is defined in the makefile, so r and c will never take.
>
> Maiko

I saw that and thought the same thing. But, looking closer at the code
there is something called NROWS (or something like that) with a comment
/* use value from config.h */  Upon further inspection, NROWS is also
defined in a lot of other .h files. So, it may be doubtful if Numrows
and Numcols can be made to work.

> Date: Mon, 20 May 2024 16:55:29 -0500
> From: maiko at pcsinternet.ca
> Subject: Re: [nos-bbs] jnos and conspy
>
> If I resize my window to whatever size I want (I run JNOS in an xterm on
> vncsession, not on a tty, but regardless ? JNOS seems to inherit the
> screen
> size of what it is running in. So is there a way to configure your VM
> console
> with a smaller monitor. I don't use proxmox so I don't know off top of
> my head.

I had thought about this myself. Unfortunately, being familiar with
linux and proxmox is not the same as being fluent in either. But, being
familiar leads me to ask if that's a setting in linux running in the vm
or a setting in the proxmox vm manager.

Looks like I have some homework to do ....

73, Mark, N2MH